Updated: Oct 16, 2019
A great accompaniment to all the Indian entrees we've provided recipes for!
Serves 72, Prep Time 25 min, Total Time 120 min
8 cups hot water
8 tsp. dry active yeast
2 cups granulated white sugar
1 1/2 cups whole milk, room temperature
8 eggs, room temperature
6 tsp. kosher salt
2 lbs unsalted butter
2 cups minced garlic
2 bunches flat leaf parsley
36 cups bread flour
1) In a mixing bowl whisk together the water, sugar, yeast, and salt.
2) Let sit 10 mins until a foam starts to form on the top of the liquid.
3) Add the milk and eggs and whisk well.
4) Add the flour and using a dough hook knead on low for 10 to 15 mins until dough is elastic and smooth.
5) Let rise covered in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
6) put dough back in mixing bowl and knead in the parsley and fresh garlic
7) let sit 10 mins to relax the dough before rolling
8) while the dough is relaxing melt the 2 lbs of butter in a small saucepan
9) using a rolling pin roll out large circles of dough
10) Heat the flat top grill to 350F.
11) Spray oil onto the grill.
12) Place rolled out circular doughs on the flat top and immediately brush warm melted butter onto the backs of the dough.
13) When the heated side starts to brown, 3 mins flip and immediately brush that side with warm melted butter as well.
14) Cook for three minutes, flip off grill, and let cool.