Position: private chefs (in charge of a kitchen serving usually ~55 residents)
Student Organized Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Student Organized Services, Inc. contracts personal chefs, commis chefs, and chef assistants at Stanford to serve 27 “Row Houses” spread throughout campus operating residential kitchens, buffet-style, lunch and dinner Monday through Friday. The houses are managed by students in a generally relaxed atmosphere, which does require self discipline, a friendly disposition, and maturity. These are sought-after jobs and require of the chef skills with a large variety of menu items and consistency of quality. Work is offered approximately 34 weeks out of the year, from late September to mid-June with nice vacation perks. Most of our kitchens team consists of a private chef and chef assistant/“hasher”.
We are constantly accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of chef, commis chef, or chef’s assistant. We will call you, please do not call, email or fax is fine.
WAGES: $25.18/hour with benefits*
RESPONSIBILITIES: These jobs entail cooking lunch and dinner for approximately 35-60 students Monday through Friday (or Sunday dinner to Friday lunch).
1) Prepare healthy and delicious menus of great variety in bulk (mastery of 85 main dishes is our long term goal with new chefs)
2) Order supplies and sundry items within given budget
3) Self manage with their assistant
4) Work fast and in a timely manner – menus require variety (main entree, vegetarian alternative, side dishes, starch, dessert)
5) Be able to lift 60 pounds
1) Bake fresh breads
2) Prepare most foods from scratch
3) Prepare desserts from scratch
4) Healthy, allergen and special needs diets experience
Email or faxing a resume to SOS at (650) 433-5453 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request 3 references of anyone provisionally hired. Please also send along what you consider to be a reasonable menu for serving 10 lunches and 10 dinners for 55 people for around a $2000-3000 budget per week.
Santa Clara County Food Manager’s Certification required for chefs. We will pay for exam if candidate does not already possess after time of hire.
* We offer 100% coverage for all full time employeee (employee only) with the Kaiser Silver $1500/45 Plan with Delta Dental , and a 401(k). We also invest heavily in staff development, there is room for growth for ambitious employees, having promoted 25+ people from bottom to top in 24 years, with an average staff tenure currently of 8 years. If you are mature, skilled, and friendly, please consider joining our team!
Check out our Facebook page to see some of what we do.