Banana Nut Bread
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
This recipe is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. The browner, the better for this recipe! This recipe makes eight 9-inch by 5-inch loaves.
Serves 80, Prep Time 30 minutes, Total Time 90 minutes
4 cups butter
8 cups sugar
8 cups flour
8 cups mashed overripe bananas
4 cups chopped walnuts
4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. and 2 tsp. baking soda
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Sift together dry ingredients.
3) Cream together butter and sugar.
4) Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until blended.
5) Divide the batter evenly into well greased loaf pans.
6) Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes.
7) Let cool and slice.