Cracked Sugar Cookies
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
There are thousands-- if not millions-- of sugar cookie recipes out there. We're not saying this is the best but... it is definitely worth trying!
Serves 60, Prep Time 10 minutes, Total Time 25 minutes
3 cups unsalted butter, softened
4 cups white sugar
9 eggs yolks
3 tsp. vanilla
7 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1) Preheat over to 350F.
2) Sift together dry ingredients.
3) Cream together butter and sugar.
4) Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
5) Beat in egg yolks one at a time until smooth.
6) Add vanilla.
7) Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
8) Drop large balls of dough onto greased sheet tray. Do not flatten.
9) Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes until tops are cracked and golden brown.