Yield: ~1 hotel pan
24 corn tortillas
2 ¼ cup flour
2 tbsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
12 medium tomatoes, chopped
5 jalapenos, seeded and minced
2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
4 cups prepared salsa
36 eggs beaten
6 cups milk
6 cups Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet until soft. Spray a 2” hotel pan with the
cooking spray, and arrange the tortillas to cover.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, and salt. Sprinkle the tortillas with a
little of the flour mixture. Top with the tomato, pepper and onion. Sprinkle
again with the flour mixture.
4. Spoon the salsa over the top.
5. Combine the eggs and milk, and pour over the vegetables. Bake, uncovered,
about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top with the
cheese and bake until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.