Elan Dakota Halpern
Water 700g and 50g set aside
Bread Flour 1000g
Levain (starter) 200g (in little globs into mixer with BFlour will help spread it)
Salt 26g (held aside with 50 g water above for after first mix)
1) In a mixer with J hook put 1000g bread flour in, spread in globs of levain (200g
total), 700g water in, and mix until you have a dough ball.
2) Replenish your starter with 100g water, 100g flour at this time. This is called a
100% hydration starter.
3) Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4) Now mix in extra water 50g and salt 26g by hand until combined.
5) Fold loaf 4x, 3 times every 30 minutes and keep in fridge except last fold.
6) Again, make sure loaves temper to room temp 30 minutes before baking.
7) Preheat oven to 450 F. Preheat dutch oven in there too. Using a dutch oven if
you can (dusted with a little flour), place loaves in, score with razor, and add a
light mist of water. Put in oven, turn it down to 375 F. Bake 20 minutes with
lid on. Then 20 more with lid off.