These simple bread rolls are a solid side to almost any dinner, as a slider bun, or a vehicle for dips and spreads. Leftovers can easily be turned into salad croutons or blended into bread crumbs.
Serves 20, Prep Time 15 minutes, Total Time 2 hours
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons active-dry yeast (or 2 packages)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1) In a large bowl, combine warm water with yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2) Using your mixer with the dough hook attached, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and salt.
3) Add in the yeast mixture and mix to combine.
4) Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing between each cup. When the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, you've added enough flour.
5) Place the dough on a lightly floured clean working surface and knead for a minute or two.
6) Divide the dough into 24 pieces, then roll each piece into a smooth round ball.
7) Prepare a 13 x 9 inch baking dish by lightly greasing it.
8) Place the dough balls into the pan, leaving equal space between each round ball.
9) Cover the rolls and let them rise for about 60-90 minutes, or until doubled.
10) Preheat your oven to 375F.
11) Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.