Sesame Asparagus and Noodles
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
This Asian noodle dish is destined to please!
Serves 1 pan, 30 min Prep Time, 30 min Total Time
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sesame oil
3 cups soy sauce
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 tbsp. chili oil
3 lb. linguine or vermicelli
1 cup vegetable oil
10 garlic cloves, minced
11 lb. asparagus, cut into pieces
3 cups water
1/4 cups soy sauce
2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the noodles.
2. Toast the sesame seeds by placing them in a small skillet over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally until the seeds begin to smoke and become fragrant. Immediately pour them into a small bowl to cool.
3. Combine the sesame oil, tamari, vegetable stock, wine, and chili oil in a bowl and set aside. This will be the sauce for the noodles.
4. When the water comes to a boil, cook the noodles until al dente.
5. Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add the asparagus and stir-fry 3 minutes. Pour in the water and cover the pan. Cook until the asparagus is tender, about 3 minutes.
6. Toss the cooked, drained noodles with the sauce.
7. Remove the cover from the asparagus, and pour on the remaining soy sauce and scallions. Serve atop the noodles. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds, and serve immediately.