Stir-Fried Broccoli and Tofu in Peanut Sauce
Updated: Nov 11, 2019
Yield: ~1 hotel pan
3 cups peanut butter
2 ¼ cups soy sauce
2 cups Chinese rice wine or sherry
1.5 cups water
½ cup sesame oil
1 cup vegetable oil
6 lbs. firm tofu, cut into cubes
10 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup ginger, minced
2 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
6 lbs. broccoli florets
3 cups water
1. Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, and rice wine or sherry in a bowl, and
beat with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the water and sesame oil, set aside.
2. Heat about half of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Make sure the tofu
is very dry, and then drop it in the pan. Stir-fry until golden all over, about 10
minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and crushed pepper
flakes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not let the garlic brown.
4. Add the broccoli, toss, then pour in the water. Cover the pan and cook the
broccoli about 5 minutes, or until bright green and slightly crunchy.
5. Return the tofu to the pan and toss. Pour on the peanut sauce and stir-fry 1
minute. Serve with rice.