Vegan Lemon Thyme Risotto
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
A wonderful, simple vegan pasta dish.
Serves 20, Prep Time 30 minutes, Total Time 45 minutes
2 lb. Arborrio rice
White win for deglaze
Kosher salt and pepper
Vegetable base made into about a gallon of broth
Entire bulb garlic, chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1. Oil up a rondo, medium heat, do not be shy with oil
2. Sautee onions to close to translucent but not quite, at that point add garlic, cook down until almost translucent again, stirring
3. Add in arborrio rice and stir until browning/caramelization starts, deglaze with 3/4 bottle white wine.
4. Let the risotto soak in wine flavor. Stir occasionally, as it starts to get creamy without cream in it, deglaze with rest of wine bottle. Reduce heat to lower than medium to slow it down so you can reduce and let it go while working on other dishes.
5. Add veggie stock as the rice starts to stick to rondo and reduce
6. Chef Scott uses both granulated onion and granulated garlic toward the end because even though he uses a ton of fresh onion and fresh garlic, they lose their flavor strength about ¾ through as they take on the flavor of the stock